Beware Of The Danger Of Space Heaters

Turning on the heat may not sound dangerous, but it could put your house in flames.Corbin Fire Department Captain Eric Philpot says they see a lot of fires start because of space heaters. Flammable objects must be at least three feet away from the heater.”We’ll find them with clothes laid on top of them or blankets. People may try to warm a blanket up by laying it on a space heater. It is very dangerous to do that,” said Philpot.They also see people overloading outlets which can cause electrical fires.”You should never put an extension cord as a permanent fix. You should maybe only have a space heater plugged into one outlet with nothing else plugged into it,” said firefighter Ben Craft.

Source: MG News

Return to News