Beware Of Space Heaters

As cold temperatures move into the area, there is concern over how some may choose to warm their homes.Officials with the Jefferson County Fire Department said their biggest concerns are space heaters and carbon monoxide poisoning.“As the temperatures drop, if you’re going to use a space heater to stay warm, make sure it’s a space heater that if it falls over or flips over, it shuts off,” Jefferson County spokesman Jordan Yuodis said.Crews recently worked a fire that was started because of a space heater, and it is a reminder of how dangerous space heaters can be.

Source: MG News

Return to News